Simon charged BRAVE PR with establishing awareness and exposure throughout the Montgomery County, Maryland and greater Washington, D.C. communities for the Grand Opening of Clarksburg Premium Outlets.
- Introduce Clarksburg Premium Outlets to the community and avoid the perception of the new center “cannibalizing” nearby Simon Premium Outlet centers in surrounding markets.
- The opening took place one week before Election Day in the D.C. market, so pitching press was sensitive and securing onsite media was touch-and-go.
- Clarksburg Premium Outlets was over an hour from most D.C. broadcast stations, and many were hesitant to make the drive.
Clarksburg Premium Outlets – an upscale shopping experience featuring a variety of sought-after outlet retail, all with enormous every day savings of 25-65 percent.
- Grand Opening media campaign including detailed market research and carefully messaged outreach to local broadcast stations, print and online publications.
- Tailored press materials and talking points including prominent verbiage highlighting the center’s must-see, one-of-a-kind shopping opportunities from sought-after outlet retail brands such as All Saints, Ermenegildo Zegna, Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5th, Tory Burch, UGG® Australia and more.
- Simon Premium Outlets CEO Stephen Yalof as spokesperson to discuss the retail industry, consumer confidence and unique attributes of luxury centers at a particularly poignant time in the American news cycle.
- More than 570 media placements, resulting in nearly 500 million impressions and nearly $800,000 in media value.
- Established strong relationships with greater Washington D.C. press channels.
- Clarksburg Premium Outlets opened its doors to the Washington, D.C. trade area and was termed the most successful opening in recent history for the Simon portfolio.